Tuesday 24 November 2015

Survey Analysis! - Part 1

It has taken me along time to gather responses to my survey, as I needed over 100 responses to have a suitable amount of data.

My first two questions from my severe i cannot analyse by themselves as they are just who filled out my survey, I can however analyse them in relation to my other question in that I know these are the opinions of 55% females and 43% male people's opinion. I also need to bear in mind that 30% of my survey responses were from people who were 13 or younger, this is not directly my target audience  as I was aiming a little higher for my thriller film (about 14 - 29 years old). The 30 - 60+ bracket also isn't my target audience but these together only add up to about 15% of people who filled in my survey. 
[Q4. The other responses were all horror or music orientated.]

From these questions I can gather that comedy, thriller, and drama are the most popular genres of short film, with the smallest being period/ historical, documentary, romance, and others that were specified. I think that comedy may have been so popular beach of they young age of many of my survey correspondents. My film will not be of the comedy genre but my film will also not be targeting  people of ages 13 and younger. I do not feel as if I could pull of humour in my film as it does not fit, especially slapstick humour of which young people are particularly partial to. I also feel that These young people who filled out my survey were the ones to say that they do not watch short films. It is not so common for younger children to specifically seek out and watch films which are shorter in length as they do not appeal as much to this age range. One may think that younger people would enjoy films that are shorter in length as they have a shorter attention span than most, but this does not seem too be the case. 

The second and third most common answers were 2 - 4 times a week, and 5 - 7 times a week. Interestingly not many people picked the once a week option, despite my personal prediction of ascending numbers for this question. Now that I think about it believe this to be because if someone likes short films then they would watch more than one a fortnight as this isn't a lot, but if people aren't interested then they may watch one or none. A few people even said that they watch short films more than 10 times a fortnight! These are the people that I am trying to appeal to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment