Wednesday 25 November 2015

Survey Analysis - Part 2


[The other responses were the website put-locker, and that they buy the films.]


Overwhelmingly the responses came back for this question as on Youtube, with nearly 80% of the replies. I feel that this is because Youtube as a platform is free, easy, and accessible for both content creators and viewers. This is something I need to bare in mind when I am creating my media product,  as the way media pop. in post production I will have to change the formatting to H264, this format is supported by youtube which means it will process faster and provide a smoother viewing experience. Another format is MP4, which is the same as H264, just less compressed. Peoples attention span on Youtube is a lot shorter due to the shear amount of content on the platform. To combat this I will make the into to my film particularly interesting, to retain engagement. I will also keep my film to a shorter length to ensure people watch until the end to get the full picture of my film.  I will also bare in mind that nearly 30% of people said they watched short films on the website Vimeo.  


I have looked at and researched the films written in the free text box for my 5th question. I will take on board what my survey responders liked, including genre, length, target audience, and aesthetic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment