Thursday 19 November 2015

Actor Profile 2

Name: George Turner
Age: 17
Occupation: A level Drama/ Media Student
Previous Experience: School Productions/ Multiple Short Films


Firstly, in the beginning I had trouble finding an actor for my film. I had asked around and no one came forward, and I didn't have any relatives I could pester into helping me out. It was becoming a real problem because I wanted to start filming! Finally, when I was talking about it to my friend George he said he didn't mind acting for me. This was great news because not only do I get along well with George but he is a competent actor with some acting experience behind him! However, as George was going to help me out on set, I am thinking about enlisting the help of other people. This is so I have enough crew hands around to allow me to focus on directing, and other important jobs when filming. Overall I think this was the best way I could of dealt with the actor problem and I am sure I will be happy with our outcome of the shots and filming experience.

Representation was also something important to consider, as this character isn't exactly the best role- model around, I had to be careful to not stereotype or make represent social groups in a way I didn't want to. George being a middle class, white British male, and a teenager playing a younger adult, I think he is suitable for the role as generally in the media this group of people are stereotyped as being saviours within media, and are generally not presented how I have written this character. In the beginning of my film he is seen as the saviour, but later on you see that he was the one that kidnapped her in the first place. This goes against convention, and I have done this on purpose to differentiate my film from others within its genre and maybe show a different side of this social group that people may not expect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment