Tuesday 23 February 2016

Audio & Copyright

Through research I discovered that I could not just use any music that I liked. Music has to be made to be royalty free under the creative commons licence for it to be free for anyone to use. Even then if you are using it and making money off of it it may not be allowed. I found many different websites and youtube channels where I downloaded the music for my film from, in order to keep from breaking the law and using music/ audio that isn't mine to use.

Like this one for example, https://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/

I chose the music very carefully for each scene and shot for my film, adding in sound effects and different tracks on a frame by frame basis. Here is a screenshot of the audio timeline of my film in Adobe Premire Pro. As you can see my the number of keyframes in each separate audio track, and the number of audio tracks, I didn't take making the sound for my film lightly.


As you will see above there are sections of my sound design where I used silence, or very little sound. This was done on purpose for dramatic effect, to emphasise these parts of the narrative, and to make the audience feel as if on edge and uncertain. I believe this has worked effectively as my feedback on my versions so far have commented on this being a positive point in my film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment