Wednesday 14 October 2015

Planning!

I have so far done most of my planning on paper because manually writing helps me think of ideas and get them out. This is my inspirations page, where I kept note of films, TV shows, music videos, and short films that came to me when I was brainstorming. I will be using the formal elects of creativity (copy transform and combine) from these media texts to help me make my short film.


These are my ideas of my short film. Each has its own merits and issues, which I will be discussing in detail later on. 



I really like this short film idea, and I had it quite a while ago and it has been sitting around in my brain unexplored for too long. I think I would love playing around in post production with the effects of the drugs on the girls vision. 


Similar to final destination but with a twist. Much more quaint feel, but very suspenseful.


Interesting mental health oriented film. If I made this I would be very careful not to demonise the main character with the metal health issues, as this is not the representation that I wish to create. This would be very fun to make as the majority of it would be shot in the style of film noir. 


I have decided to go ahead with the memory loss thriller because I this is the film that I am most interested in working on. Also logistically I feel that this film would be the most simple to make in terms of budget, location, actors, and timings. This film I think will also challenge me the most to be creative in the film making process. Below I have expanded on the idea, characters, and plot. 


This is the peer feedback I got on my plan. I am defiantly going to include over saturated colours to emphasise the effect of the drugs. 


Next in my planning I am going to start story boarding and scripting the dialogue and finer points of the script. 

No comments:

Post a Comment