Monday 15 June 2015

My Chosen Brief

I have decide to take up the challenge of making a short film. I felt that this was the brief that I had most experience with. And although I love the medium of the music video more than that of the short film,  I realised after some research that finding suitable uncopyrighted music (perhaps with a creative commons licence) would have taken more time than actually making the video and was therefore was not really a feasible option for me. I am, however more than happy to be making a short film as there is so much you can do and say with this type of media.

Initial thoughts:
  • Stylised > narrative
  • One main protagonist > multiple (Due to availability )
  • Outside locations > inside (Due to production constraints)

Although I feel that  stylised film is the way to go (maybe film noir/ or art house film?) I defiantly want to incorporate a narrative into this. I love the creativity behind writing and telling stories, so I don't want the stylised feel of the film to overpower and shadow the narrative side. Getting this balance I feel will be tricky but rewarding in my final product. 


No comments:

Post a Comment