Friday 22 January 2016

Film Review Research and Progress

I have decided that from my research my film review is going to be a one A4 page, as if from a magazine. This magazine will be posh and highly stylised. The monochrome nature will set it apart from other magazines and reviews like it. 


This is a template I have made in photoshop for my film review that I am going to write for my film. 
These reviews from Empire Film Magasine I found show what I used for inspiration. I identified features of the layout of the reviews and combined and incorporated them into my own template.  Although before I looked at online film reviews, here I have looked at paper based magazine ones. This is how I am presenting my review to be laid out, as if for a film magazine. (I have analysed this review in more depth in a earlier blog post). I have noticed how the text is presented in columns and important parts of the text are written in a different colour and in a different bigger font, in order to stand out. This is something I didn't add in to my original template, but I will utilise in my film review.


This review is from Empire magazine. I am going to design my review as if to also fit into Empire's page layout. However I am also going to keep with my own classy monochrome colour scheme as I want my film review to stand out against the others in the magazine. This I feel is something Empire would let me do as they are all about films and expressing creativity. When I redesign my film review template I am going to keep all of these things in mind, and create the best one I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment