Saturday 2 January 2016

Colour Correction!

 I used the three way colour corrected wheels to manually adjust the shadows, mid tones, and highlights. And then added the automated contrast and shadow/ highlight to achieve my desired effect. Here I have screen shotted the before and after for comparison. This was one of my first successful experiments with colour correction in premier and I am very happy with the result! 

(After is first, followed by the before)

I toned down the vibrance of the greens in this clip because they looked unnaturally bright, and this was not what I wanted in my film. I wanted a more washed out look to fit with the feel of the rest of the film. 






This shot needed a lot of work. The room where I shot it was very dark and I has to turn my camera's IOS up very high to get enough light into the shot. This made the image grainy and with a yellowish tint. I got rid of all of that and made the image a crisp and clear white. It is now much cleaner and looks a lot more aesthetically pleasing than before.


The colour correction I did here has added depth and different tones back into the shot that the lighting washed out of it. The lowering of the sepia tones specifically help to bring out the greens and blacks of the shot.


This shot illuminated by the golden sunset was much more sepia- orange than I would like it to be, so I upped the blues a lot to counteract this. It gives a much more interesting image after the colour correction with more depth and interest for the viewer. 



I toned down the vibrance of the greens in the grass of this shot because it looked rediculously unnaturally bright, and I wanted a more toned down feel to come from the shot to fit with the style of the rest of the film.


The blues that I added into this shot provide it with a much grittier look than before, fitting the tone of my film much better.

I took out all of the sepia orange tones that the sunset gave from which I was lighting my scene. This gave the shot a much more professional look. However I feel that I could have improved this shoot even more by also getting rid of the pinky tone on my actors face which aren't very flattering. I will keep this in my mind next time when I colour correct my actor.


The bleak tones that I added into this shot represent my character feelings, of bleak prospects and a troubled past. I took out the orang-y vibrancy to add in this symbolism. 


No comments:

Post a Comment