Tuesday 1 December 2015

Ancillary Task Progress - Shoot 1

The photos that I like most are biggest, with ones that I think are okay at a medium size and the smallest photos I don't particularly like. 




The flash accidentally went off. 

I was too low in comparison with my actor, this is not what I wanted. 



I directed my actor to turn to the side so I could try out a profile picture, however I don't like it as much as I thought I would. 











The camera work combined with my actors expression makes this photo great. Her expression is perfect for the strong but messed around PSTD riddled character Emma.  I also love the depth of field I created and how the focus is so obviously on Emma. This is my favourite photo of the lot. I do, however, believe I can improve upon it for my poster. 



The lighting in this photo washed my actor out and really gives an unappealing result. 


I also do not like my actors expression here, it doesn't convey what I was hoping about the film in terms of because this photoshoot is for the poster. I want her to be a strong character, even when she is scared and this does not show the right side of the character I had written. 



Mid shot. I like this photo specifically because of my actor's expression and the good lighting. It took many many photographs to get to this one. But its slightly blurry! Noooo! Its a shame because otherwise this photo may be a contender for the poster. 

I don't like these full body shots because we loose eye contact with the actor and therefore the interest with the poster as an audience. 




Next shoot, to improve upon this one I will dress my Actor in more grown up clothing and, take more care with the lighting and focusing of the camera to get the best picture I can for my ancillary task. 

No comments:

Post a Comment